Definitions and interpretation
Datacollectively all information that you submit to SLS Recruitment via the Website that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data. In this case, it means personal data that you give to us via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Legislation;
Cookiesa small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
SLS Recruitment, we or usSLS Recruitment, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 07954897 whose registered office is at Unit 1a, The Surridge Centre 2 Stepfield, Freebournes Road Industrial Estate, Witham, CM8 3TH;
Data Protection Legislationthe Data Protection Act 1998, the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and any other applicable local legislation relating to the protection of Data;
UK and EU Cookie Lawthe Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
User or youany third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by SLS Recruitment and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to SLS Recruitment and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services
Websitethe website that you are currently using, www.slsrecruitment.com, and any subdomains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- "including" is understood to mean "including without limitation";
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
respect to this Website. It does not extend to any websites that can be accessed
from this Website including, but not limited to, any links we may provide to social
media websites. Please note that we have no control over how your data is
collected, stored, or used by other websites and we advise you to check the privacy
policies of any such websites before providing any data to them.
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of personal Data;
- The right of access to the personal Data we hold about you (see section 21);
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal Data;
- The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal Data to re-use with another service or organisation);
- The right to object to us using your personal Data for particular purposes; and
We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- Preferred Job Location
- Contact Number
- Email address
- Desired Industry
- Demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests
- IP address (automatically collected)
- Web browser type and version (automatically collected)
- Operating system (automatically collected)
- A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected)
- Any provided commercial or educational experience.
- Externally generated CV documents.
Our use of Data
- For purposes of the Data Protection Legislation, SLS Recruitment is the "data controller".
- We shall retain your personal data for as long as you require us to do so. In the event that you wish your data to be removed you may notify us at any time using the "data protection' section of the website.
- Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy (in particular as set out in the sections ‘Third party websites and services’; and ‘Links to other websites’), your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This does not include our affiliates and / or other companies within our group.
- All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Legislation. For more details on security see the Security clause.
Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to
provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website.
Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- improvement of our products / services;
- transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
- contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the Website;
Third party websites and services
- SLS Recruitment may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. The providers of such services have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
- We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
- In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Controlling use of your Data
- Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data.
- use of Data for direct marketing purposes (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in our emails and at the point of providing your details and by managing your information with us); and
- sharing of Data with third parties.
Functionality of the Website
- To use all features and functions available on the Website, you may be required to submit certain Data.
Accessing your own Data
- You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by SLS Recruitment (where such Data is held). Please use the link in the "data protection" section if you require this information.
- Data security is of great importance to SLS Recruitment and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
- We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website.
- If applicable, all Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
- If before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling SLS Recruitment to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
- This Website may place the following Cookies:
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
- You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
- It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
Transfers outside the European Economic Area
- Data which we collect from you may be stored and processed in and transferred to countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). For example, this could occur if our servers are located in a country outside the EEA or one of our service providers is situated in a country outside the EEA. We also share information with our group companies, some of which are located outside the EEA. These countries may not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the EEA.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.